Friday 22 May 2015

But Debbie, Pastels?

I've been thinking that F's room needs something of a refresh. It's still a light, bright, cheery place to be, but I've been thinking that her rug looks knackered (a year and half of hard living, what with naked-time and butt cream...) and that I'd like to move toward more saturated colour rather than the all-colour pastel thing we've got going on. Don't get me wrong, I like this palette - it just feels a bit baby-ish for her now?
 
 
Some homemade pillows and an antique quilt.
 
 
Books.
 
 
Reading nook. Some homemade pillows, some purchased.
 
 
Ikea basket. See, I keep thinking about this hot pink with, like, bright yellow.
 
 
Grandma's quilt may graduate to actual bedspread usage.
 
 
Sleepy monkey, and my 'pony' blanket from when I was a baby.
 

Raiding the nappy cupboard. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but we've gone the eco-disposable route. Naty by Nature Babycare (which makes me think of Naughty by Nature 100% of the time) is only marginally more expensive here, so if you stock up when there is a good deal, it's affordable. Also, a ukulele.

 
Shelves. Light.
 
 
A little nightlight.
 
 
This face. 'Pony' blanket.
 


Mismatched socks.

So, hopefully in the next six months or so I can show off a bit of an update. I'm thinking colour, storage, wall art - and a big girl bed!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment